Q. No. 1: Encircle the correct option. /48
1: How many syllables in the word English.
A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4
2: word amnesty means:
B) B) declare
C) General pardon.
3: word conflict is a _?
B) B) verb
5: The group with all pronoun is?
A) Naila, Asad, Nasreen,Noor
B) Begin, behaviour,Very, sluggish
6: Revenge _ bloodshed is forbidden.suitable preposition is? A) On B) of C) For D) to 7: One who lies is called? A) Lier. B) liar C) Lawer D) layer 8: When is your exams? Underlined word is a adverb of?
A) Manner. B) place C) Time D) degree
9: Go in for. Underlined word is
B) phrasal verb
10: Author of the poem On The Ocean is:
C) S.T. Coleridge
b) Punctuate the following extract from short story. /5
the woman was sitting on the daybed after a while she said I were young once and I wanted things I could not get
c) Use the following pairs of words in sentences. /5
1) cloak , clock 2) Dual , Duel 3) Excite , Incite
4) Gate , Gait 5) Eligible , illegible
QNo 2: Answer the short questions: (Book -1) /20
1) According to the author there are some boys who fall because they do not try. who
are they? Can we help them?
2) How does financial pressure lead to the failure of students described in the lesson?
Do you have similar case in your country?
3) There are some students who join college for the fun of it. Should they be allowed to
4) What is the impact of parents’ mistaken ambition on their children?
5) What is the job/role of the college dean?
6) He liked holidays for their freedom, freedom from what?
7) What did he do with his pocket money?
8) What were the write’s unfulfilled childhood wishes?
9) Why should bad books be destroyed?
10) Why could the author not burn the books?